96` Tahoe blinker and daytime running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weston Graham

Reaction score
As a typical new driver does, I managed to rearrange the front end of my 1996 2 door tahoe with the very ground it drives on. hit some ice and went into a ditch, bent the bumper and crumpled the two fenders. However, an electrical issue arose.

If: Daytime running lights are turned off (switch to either the parking lamp or lighting position) and left turn signal is not applied
Then: Left turn signal indicator on dash is solid but the either front or back bulbs are not on
If: Daytime running lights are turned off and left turn signal -IS- applied
Then: Both front and back bulbs blink rapidly and indicator does the same
If: Daytime running lights are ON and left turn signal is not applied
Then: No indicator on dash
If: Daytime running lights are ON and left turn signal -IS- applied
Then: Both front and back bulbs blink rapidly and indicator does the same

right turn signal works like normal

Confusing part, my hazards have never worked. The button never depresses all the way and only activates the right hand blinker. However I could achieve hazards by pressing the button down (and holding) while also pressing the left indicator on. If I do this now, both sides will blink at the normal speed of blinkering. until I let off the hazard switch, which is when the left indicator starts going el rapido.

Did the multifunction switch somehow fail during the incident and is now acting funny? or is it possible somewhere theres a short? Unsure about troubleshooting this one...