96 on 35's lacks power.. need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beast96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
305 5 speed with cold air intake and headers. Looking to upgrade to a 5.7 but will that be enough?

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Well ok, did it just start losing power or has it been this way since you've owned it? A 305 is a dog in any application so don't expect too much from it. You won't hear anyone on the site complain about their 350.

Beast96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the truck not too long ago and its been that way since i got it. Also it bucks like crazy sometimes coming out of first. Like it's not picking fuel up right or something

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'll complain about my 350. i can't keep a right rear tire damnit!!! ha, but seriously the gearing is probably what killed it. a 305 ain't much but if your turning big meats without proper gearing your going nowhere fast.

Beast96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well what gears should I get? Doesn't help it barely has over 200 hp :/ my issue is I can't find any help on putting this 350 in. I can't locate a computer or find someone to tune mine

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
putting the 350 is no big deal, tuning i believe there are places on here people recommend like tuneforless.com. noone i believe local that i know of. your either going to send out the computer or have to buy one already done.