96 Mustang gt thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good, I can't wait to get mine out for the Spring...

Any plans to lower yours?

Ya I have the caster/camber plates already. Just need new shocks an some time off work when it isn't 20* outside so I can work on it.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started on the rear seat covers. Probably have about an hour an a half in getting this cover off. They really laid the glue to it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Anyone need a slightly used rear seat cover? :D

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Started on the rear seat covers. Probably have about an hour an a half in getting this cover off. They really laid the glue to it.

Anyone need a slightly used rear seat cover? :D

I'd say yes, but my convertible has a different seats than the coupe

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say yes, but my convertible has a different seats than the coupe
Yes that's true unfortunately I'll probably wind up trashing them

Did the rear seat backs tonight. Glad this part is over. Sadly the only way to get in there an remove them is to cut the rear part facing the trunk lose at the seam. I guess they could be put back together if someone wanted.

About another hour an half in this step.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
It will all be worth it when you're done. This is actually what I'm planning to do next with mine, I just redid the carpet and mats a few months ago. Did you go with the real leather or the vinyl replacements?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will all be worth it when you're done. This is actually what I'm planning to do next with mine, I just redid the carpet and mats a few months ago. Did you go with the real leather or the vinyl replacements?

Vynil from TMI, I ordered through late model restoration. The foam I had in a few days, but the covers took 30 days since I went back with saddle and LMR didnt have any in stock. From what I found the facotry rear seats are vynil anyway and the only part thats leather are the inserts/center of the driver and passenger seat. For the difference in price and easier care/clean up since I have kids I went with the vynil. The door panel covers and steering wheel cover I got are leather though. You'll also need new foams for the front seats if you use the TMI stuff. Mine are in pretty poor shape anyways so it didnt bother me to buy the new ones. I was getting local quotes of $250 a seat just to redo the front two seats. My back seat really wasnt that bad but for another $120 I got new front foams and the rear seat cover. Seemed to be the best deal to me and so far the worst part of installing them has been pulling the covers off and not destroying the foam. Thankfully that part is over and on the fronts once I get the cover loose from the frame I can just trash the rest.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I was leaning toward the getting the vinyl as well. I didn't think about the doors and steering wheel though, where did you order those from?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.redlinegoods.com

I'm Going to have the door panel pieces installed at an upholstery shop after I take the panels apart. My driver side one is in rough shape is the reason I'm doing them. The steering wheel I'll do myself once I get the right color. I ordered the wrong one and I've been waiting forever for them to send samples so I can get one I like this time.

I'm also waiting on seat heaters for the front. They should finally be here tomorrow or Thursday. They been on a slow boat from China for about a month too.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seat heaters!?! Hmmm....
Yup, they arrived today. Once I'm sure they will work I'll pass along the details. They won't work with the factory covers though for sure because they glued them on :(