96 k1500 carb swapped fuel issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bebo_vi21

Reaction score
I have a 96 k 1500 that I converted from tbi to carb. Having issues with fuel pump. It primes when I turn the key truck starts up idles for a bit n eventually dies! Like the fuel pump is shutting down. O say this because my regulator drops psi n doesn't maintain it. Then truck dies. Is there any tests I can run to figure out why?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the fuel pump is shutting down... Is there any tests I can run to figure out why?
You need to test to see if your fuel pump is running or not. Put a gauge on it and if the pressure drops, check to see if your fuel pump is running. If it's not, jump the fuel pump relay to test it. If that works, get the manual out and troubleshoot the fuel pump circuit (I haven't had to dork with mine, so I don't have that wiring diagram in my head).

bebo_vi21

Reaction score
It comes on and primes. But once it starts it seems like it dies after a while. I have my regulator on it it builds pressure on the prime but it drops as the truck is running. I'll jump the relay today n see what it does.
You need to test to see if your fuel pump is running or not. Put a gauge on it and if the pressure drops, check to see if your fuel pump is running. If it's not, jump the fuel pump relay to test it. If that works, get the manual out and troubleshoot the fuel pump circuit (I haven't had to dork with mine, so I don't have that wiring diagram in my head).
[URL unfurl="true"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975