96 ECSB stereo system build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pilau

Reaction score
This guy doesnt know jack! hahahaha jk... he does amazing systems! Great build dude! I need some kicks for my obs. Great thing is you dont have to ship them... i'll come down and pick em up and bbq! hahaha

puresw

Reaction score
Not much of an update, been slammed with regular so I haven't had too much time to put in work this week. I managed to get the crossover trim pieces molded in and primed. I decided that instead of doing a flushed piece of plexiglass over the crossovers I'd just chamfer the opening and i might just do a lighted trim that sits flush with the opening. Kinda like this, this is a BMW I did in 2007. You can kind of get the idea with the blue lighted trim around the amps
You must be registered for see images attach

Primed and just stuck the crossovers in there to test fit. Few areas need a little more addressing but not bad so far

puresw

Reaction score
Heres a little bit of an update finally. Been pretty busy with the everyday installs so I haven't had much time to work on the truck but I was able to squeeze in a little bit. Originally in the beginning of the build I was going to use the Pioneer 80prs but since then I've received a shipment of the new Alpine INE-S920HD and have installed a few for customers and I must say I am finally happy with an Alpine headunit again. I've been pretty disgusted with Alpine headunits for a while now, don't get me wrong they still make a quality unit but they did away with a lot of things that made them a great headunit. The crossover and eq adjustments wouldnt go lower than 60hz if it even had one at all. No time alignment, crappy DAC's and so on. Well they finally did something right again. I'd type out the specs but it's easier to just link it if you wanna read http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/ine-s920hd/Specs

Anyway I got to work on modding the dash to take a double din since this dash is a din and a half. I trimmed out the opening to fit part of the trim ring that comes with the deck and molded that in and just filed and sanded the other parts to fit flush with the deck.

Factory unmolested dash

I started working on it and didnt realize I forgot to take pics of molding the pieces but this is how it looked after some filler and primer

Test fit

Repainted textured and installed

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
you need to paint those trim/switch panels now.... they look darker... just put a tiny piece of tape over the CARGO LAMP lettering and switch itself and spray them to.