96 ECSB stereo system build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puresw

Reaction score
Thanks guys, this is a system I've been planning in my head for a while now and I'm finally able to dig into it. There is MUCH MORE to come

puresw

Reaction score
Got more work in on the truck today. I got the kicks pretty much finalized and test fitted again. Got the a pillars just about done and test fitted them also. I started some work on the area I'm going to house and display the crossovers for the 2 sets of front components. I'm mounting them on both sides of the rear quarter window areas. There is a nice pocket under the arm rest on both sides that the crossovers will be mounted into. The pocket is actually just clipped in so I made a mdf piece that i'll mold into the pocket with an opening to act as a window to see the crossovers through. I'll probably recess and flush a piece of plexiglass in the opening. The nice thing about it is it's easily removable so if i need to make adjustments to the crossover I can do so easily.

You must be registered for see images attach

Kicks final and test fit

A pillar test fit. The tweeters were just loose fit in there

Shot of how I did the texture on the panels to match the factory texture. After I got the shapes down and body work final I sprayed a heavy coat of high build primer and let it tack up for a minute or so. Then I grabbed a plastic bag and balled it up and tapped and rolled it on the panel and the creases in the plastic created a similar texture to the factory finish. After it dried I sanded lightly to take down the sharp edges and sprayed a few coats of paint over. I'm not sure if I'm 100% happy with it yet but its close.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man you do amazing work. i like them like that so clean it looks factory,and you went above and beyond with the texture to make it look factory. Nice work

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that looks great. I need to get to work on my mids/highs! This thread is very motivating!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow ... Very impressive work Sir ...

Did you vent your kick pannels ?? I never could get enough air space for my drivers without venting them, So I moved them back into the doors ...
Where is your second 6.5" driver going ??

puresw

Reaction score
Wow ... Very impressive work Sir ...

Did you vent your kick pannels ?? I never could get enough air space for my drivers without venting them, So I moved them back into the doors ...
Where is your second 6.5" driver going ??

I plan to vent them eventually but I figured I would give it a try and see how it goes just as is with it channeling into the rocker and up. I'm pretty sure I'll need a bit more air space so when i have time to pull the fenders i'll get a really good look of where to vent it out. As for the second midbass thats going in the door in factory location with some modification to the door panel and door skin. I wanted to do both in the door but the power window motor sits right next to the factory speaker opening so I didn't have enough space. I really didn't want to separate the two but I told myself I'm not going to be too critical on this build and worry about every little detail when it came to speaker placement and staging.