96 C1500 makeover! Pic Heavy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtpheath

Reaction score
So I thought I would make a build thread since I've been making a few changes to my new truck. First couple of pictures is the day I brought it home, 1996 ECSB with 140,000 miles. Ran the carfax and it was a one owner who took really good care of it!

You must be registered for see images attach

First "mod" I did to it was replace the muffler with a flowmaster 40 and removed the cats and 45 degree tips out the back. Then I bought some HID's and did the 4HI mod. Color matched the bowtie too

It was time for tires so I picked up some 17" ultras with tires for REALLY cheap. At the same time I picked up a tool box and painted it black and installed my 4' antenna's

I decided it was time for an early christmas present, I ordered a 3" body lift from zone. It was a breeze installing it, the only issue I had was getting to one of the bed bolts because of where the exhaust shop ran my drivers side pipe.

Before body lift:

After body lift:

That's all I have done to the truck in the 3 months I have owned it, future mod will be the 4" lift from RC and 33" tires (near future hopefully)
I'll add some random pics of my truck I have. Let me know what y'all think (I won't get all butt-hurt over negative comments)

Hauling my bike trailer and taking my boy for a ride

My dad's 2000 Silverado Lt

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
Palm trees in the background ...I'm already jealous! Nice truck. Are you gonna take the trim off?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. are you planning to paint the letters in you're banner back black?

Here's a pic of my buddies 95 2wd with 4" spindles an a 3" body lift on 33 12.5 15

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

gtpheath

Reaction score
Palm trees in the background ...I'm already jealous! Nice truck. Are you gonna take the trim off?

Thanks! Yea it's nice here in Florida. I still haven't decided on the trim. I need to get my hood and roof repainted so I might have it removed then in case it damages the paint underneath.

Nice truck. are you planning to paint the letters in you're banner back black?

This truck is the reason I decided to go the route I am instead of lowering it. I love the look of it. I have no need for a 4x4 as I never go off-roading so I'm in it just for the looks

Also what is the best way to paint the letters back to black?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, I will have to tell Chris that. He currently has it torn apart for paint/body work an a frame restore. It's going to be better than new when he's done. I'm trying to talk him into a 5.3 swap while it's all apart....

gtpheath

Reaction score
Nice, I will have to tell Chris that. He currently has it torn apart for paint/body work an a frame restore. It's going to be better than new when he's done. I'm trying to talk him into a 5.3 swap while it's all apart....

Very nice! Can't wait to see it when it's done!