96 AC help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hondacr57

Reaction score
Few weeks ago my Ac started blowing a little warmer then usual. So I added a couple small bottles of refrigerant. Didn't do a darn thing. I could hear the compressor cycling off and on a couple days after I added the bottles. And when I popped the hood I could see that refrigerant had sprayed all over the engine bay. I would assume there's a leak but I can't tell where from any ideas??

You must be registered for see images attach

496BBC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it still has some pressure on it, get a bottle of the kids bubbles like used with the little blow through hoop, put it in a spray bottle and spray everything down with the engine cold and watch for bubbles.

I chased mine for a while until I sprayed the suction hose, it was perforated and leaking along the entire hose.

The crimps no the ends of the hoses usually have a small hole drilled in them (1/16") so when the crimp starts leaking it will leak at the hole. Its hard to say where yours may be leaking as the dye has spread to a large area. Spray everything in the area around the back of the compressor. The compressors will leak around the case split line which the original compressors usually do but yours doesn't look to be leaking in this area.

Neal