96-99 flip down center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insite on how the top of the flip down center console comes apart? Mine is getting pretty rough where somebody's arm has been resting for 15 years now and I would like to redo it in vinyl possibly.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If you're talking the 60/40 armrest, I popped the plastic out from under the top with a trim tool (inside the lid) and the rest was obvious.

Its in there pretty darned good, I thought mine was going to break before it popped. I was at a "didnt matter if it broke" point so i had at 'er. The trim tool was the key since i could work it though the seam and push the plastic at the base of the tabs, but it may break off tabs on you if you try.

Make sure the plastic is good and room temperature warm if you attempt it.....

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're talking the 60/40 armrest, I popped the plastic out from under the top with a trim tool (inside the lid) and the rest was obvious.

Its in there pretty darned good, I thought mine was going to break before it popped. I was at a "didnt matter if it broke" point so i had at 'er. The trim tool was the key since i could work it though the seam and push the plastic at the base of the tabs, but it may break off tabs on you if you try.

Make sure the plastic is good and room temperature warm if you attempt it.....

Mine is bench bottom with bucket tops but I imagine the console is the same. Does it have several tabs spaced out along the parameter or is the whole thing one tab?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Mine is like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Was something lime 6 or 8 plastic "posts" that were pushed into clips in the lid housing.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes exactly I was trying to upload an image myself but my photobucket was nutting up...