96 5.7 ECSB - Still Misfiring - Which cap is best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8716valver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on my second cap/rotor in months. Misfire slowly comes back until it'll do it every time I drive the truck. Goes away after about 15min of driving, unless its lugging in overdrive that is.

I know that some of you use the "good cap" with bronze terminals. What is the part number for this magic cap?

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I know it's a kick in the nuts, but bite the bullet and buy Delco from GM. That's just about the only ones that won't eff up

8716valver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's a kick in the nuts, but bite the bullet and buy Delco from GM. That's just about the only ones that won't eff up

I actually already tried the AC Delco. That's what I have now and I still have a miss when lugging along in OD.

8716valver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested to know who has had success with the bronze electrode cap and what the exact part number is?

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After getting 2 delco caps that didnt work worth a crap.....i purchased a b.w.d cap....its grey in color.....and i got the rotor to go with it from b.w.d......truck runs smooth as glass now....no missing whatsoever....i think bwd is borg warner

8716valver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After getting 2 delco caps that didnt work worth a crap.....i purchased a b.w.d cap....its grey in color.....and i got the rotor to go with it from b.w.d......truck runs smooth as glass now....no missing whatsoever....i think bwd is borg warner

When the truck started its crap I actually bought a bwd cap and rotor from advance auto parts. It still missed but not as bad, but way too much for me though.
Ended up buying an ac delco and its almost perfect with the exception of missing when in OD. I'd like there to be no missing whatsoever, hence the reason for this thread :)

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have you tried changing other parts? The cap could be a symptom of bad plug wire(s), plugs, or coil.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its gotta just be luck of the draw.....ive had terrible luck with ac delco caps......but good luck with the bwd.....others opinions are opposite of mine,while others might be the same......but it sounds like you have bigger issues then just a cap