96 3500 2WD crew cab 7.4Ltr-WHATS IT WORTH?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Just for reference, I gave $6k for my 96. Interior is great, exterior is nice. Weld wheels, good tires, cowl hood etc... Guy had receipts for new alternator, water pump, starter, intake gaskets A/C compressor, lines etc... Had 140k on it when I bought it.
Ouch haha

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm usually leery of unusually low mileage vehicles, especially for their age. Sure it's possible that it only has 90k on it, but my 300k+ Suburban is a junkyard cluster away from being a 140k vehicle. So, take mileage with a grain of salt.

This is exactly the reason why I Carfax every vehicle I buy. There's hope somewhere, somehow, the milage was reported in the recent past.

I have a 97, but I've got 4Wd. I paid $6800 for mine with 98k on the clock.

96, crew cab dually, and 2wd, needing a 100kmi service? Max is pay is $5800... and that's if I needed it. It needs tires a brakes ($500?), plus a service ($120-300 depending), and you'll need to hunt down some wheels to have a nice set, plus an air dam, at a junkyard or CL.

Aim low, and negotiate all of that stuff into it and you may get it for $5500.

It may need intake manifold gaskets, be prepared for that. Check with a mirror for coolant leaking at the intake and heads in the back and front. Also, the factory injectors and fuel pressure regulators are not reliable, you should replace them when you do the tuneup. Five-o-motorsports has an eBay store with Bosch injectors that are far more reliable.

If the coolant bottle is low, suspect an intake gasket leak. Be sure to pull the radiator cap and look for sludge buildup as well as under the oil fill cap.