95-up trucks/SUVs: New Door Panel LED's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Thats obviously a car.. but LEDs to show off lol. I didnt even show you the blinding vanitys in the front and back seats(oh yeah, back seat vanity mirrors)

Anyway,

I seem to recall my gmt 400 has a 194 for a floor lamp by the driver. My dad managed to burn all the lamps out or something. I pop a bad boy like one of these in, boy, it didnt need a dome light LOL

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have a set of these on a shelf. Somewhere.
The older style that runs off of the truck's 12v system. Requires a small hole in the bottom of the door.
Rather than drilling into the metal, I was going to mount them in the very rear of the pocket on the door panel. They'd still be parallel to the ground so the image wouldn't distort.
Looked at putting them in the mirrors, too. Mounted out towards the ends. Like the puddle lights on the F*rd trucks. But that was a 'hmmm...'.
Pretty tight confines without having to remove (break!) the glass to do the install. Probably/maybe put the image out of focus, too. That idea would probably work with a no-logo plain white light.

But, as the Chevy's gone & my other truck is a GMC, they'll probably be sitting on the shelf for a while longer.

New ones are battery-powered (AAA's. Really? Batteries? SMH.) and are now in a 2.5" x 2.5" x 1" bulky plastic box. Seem to me that that size would be restricting as to where they could be mounted.
...and that mounting system is now done with 2-sided tape. Yea.
Like I trust the durability of that stuff.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Daylight shot of mine. Can see the red LEDs. Debatin gettin a set for moms Esky. Still need to do the overhead map lights but they ain't the twist out housing kind so gonna be a pain.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set of these on a shelf. Somewhere.
The older style that runs off of the truck's 12v system. Requires a small hole in the bottom of the door.
Rather than drilling into the metal, I was going to mount them in the very rear of the pocket on the door panel. They'd still be parallel to the ground so the image wouldn't distort.
Looked at putting them in the mirrors, too. Mounted out towards the ends. Like the puddle lights on the F*rd trucks. But that was a 'hmmm...'.
Pretty tight confines without having to remove (break!) the glass to do the install. Probably/maybe put the image out of focus, too. That idea would probably work with a no-logo plain white light.

But, as the Chevy's gone & my other truck is a GMC, they'll probably be sitting on the shelf for a while longer.

New ones are battery-powered (AAA's. Really? Batteries? SMH.) and are now in a 2.5" x 2.5" x 1" bulky plastic box. Seem to me that that size would be restricting as to where they could be mounted.
...and that mounting system is now done with 2-sided tape. Yea.
Like I trust the durability of that stuff.

Not the back door on my car, but the front two doors can do this natively with a small aftermarket projector that goes where the original ground illumination lamp went. The pic example is of a lucerne i believe.