95 TBI engine running rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevelknievel

Reaction score
ok guys back again got the fuel pump in and done, a broken ground wire attached to the thermostat housing bolts had broken. so with that fixed the pump is running however it now had a pretty bad misfire. i gave it new plugs wires and a cap and rotor and it ran perfect that night however the next morning it was misfiring again. so its sat a little while and today i pulled the cap and noticed the top of the rotor was eaten up from rubbing the top of the cap, so in went a new distributor and while it definitely now runs better still has a misfire, i retraced all the wires checked all the connections, and swapped out coils and still running rough. i also noticed that my CEL bulb is either burnt out or missing because that wont come on at all. so im going to grab some bulbs tomorrow and try to koeo test it, havent done one on a OBD1 without a scanner yet, i know i have to bridge two of the prongs but not sure which ones does anyone know? and anyone have any ideas on anything else i can check? i'd like to get her back on the road
thanks in advance

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The top-right two prongs to pull codes.

I had a recent aggravating idle problem that I chased for months, and it ended up being a bad O2 sensor that wasn't setting off the CEL.

stevelknievel

Reaction score
The top-right two prongs to pull codes.

I had a recent aggravating idle problem that I chased for months, and it ended up being a bad O2 sensor that wasn't setting off the CEL.
Thanks man! Was it running like crap too?

stevelknievel

Reaction score
ok put a new bulb in and pulled some alotta codes, map sensor out of range, cam position sensor fault, air temp sensor out of range, IAC sensor circuit, o2 sensor lean, what have i done to cause all these codes to throw at the same time?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'd start with the O2 sensor man, they are cheap and can cause conditions that may trip the other codes.