95 silverado TBI running issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris jackson

Reaction score
having a running issue with my 95 silverado has a 350 TBI motor in it. the issue i have is while driving, if im going between 40-50mph and try to cruise at 1500rpm the motor will seem to surge and bounce from 1300-1500rpm sometimes. sometimes it will and other times itll run nice. other issue is occasionally if im trying to manuver in a parking lot and i put it in reverse the engine will stall. and finally when the truck is idling it will sometimes hiccup slightly. ive put a new fuel filter in it and will be replacing the air filter tomorrow but not sure what the issue is that is causing this to happen has anyone else ran into this?

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you tested the fuel pressure at the TBI yet?

Zach Kramer

Reaction score
Possible vacume leak, needs tune up or miss firing on one cylinder or 2, check fuel pressure should be between 9 and 13 psi I believe, it could have a bad plug wire intermittently causing it to back fire if that's what you mean by hiccup, if it's back firing it's prolly not fuel related it's spark related when the cylinder doesn't get fuel it will just dump it into the exhaust and ingnite and bang