'95 K2500 on the wrong side of the pond...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gothicsera

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, they are common as dirt here lol. I only mention the 5.3 towing because it makes torque at a higher RPM than the 350. I have a K2500 with a 5.7 that I'm kind of skeptical about it's towing ability and am kind of mulling over swap options myself.

We pay a premium for everything too... mine was the lowest priced on the market (60% of others) and it still set me back $4500

I know what you mean about the 5.3. But my 5.7 feels like it would struggle to pull anything right now and I'm not really sure what's up with it. I've given it a full tune up, compression is good, fitted a new O2 sensor as that was throwing a code. But it still feels really, really slow.

What's the TBI rated at? 210hp@4000rpm and 295lbft@2400rpm?

The 5.3 is 290hp@5200rpm and 325lbft@4000rpm - the torque curve is pretty flat on the stock tune from about 3000 thru 5500 so while it might suffer a bit, it's really flat around here, we don't have any mountains to climb!

Although I've seen 2 dyno tests on bone stock motors, one from Hotrod Mag and the other from Truck Trend with very similar dyno results of around 350hp and 380lbft. But I would expect those to be high...

I'll probably put a very mild cam in it anyway which should help.

Good lord, nice work on the Camaro!

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Its probably the tranny making it feel slugish. Mine was the same way before it went out. It felt like a completely different truck with a fresh trans. Nice truck btw.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the 5.3. But my 5.7 feels like it would struggle to pull anything right now and I'm not really sure what's up with it. I've given it a full tune up, compression is good, fitted a new O2 sensor as that was throwing a code. But it still feels really, really slow.

What's the TBI rated at? 210hp@4000rpm and 295lbft@2400rpm?

The 5.3 is 290hp@5200rpm and 325lbft@4000rpm - the torque curve is pretty flat on the stock tune from about 3000 thru 5500 so while it might suffer a bit, it's really flat around here, we don't have any mountains to climb!

Although I've seen 2 dyno tests on bone stock motors, one from Hotrod Mag and the other from Truck Trend with very similar dyno results of around 350hp and 380lbft. But I would expect those to be high...

I'll probably put a very mild cam in it anyway which should help.

Yeah my K2500 is no tire fryer either, I have to assume people pulled stuff with them when they were new and it was fine lol.

My Trailblazer has the 5.3, and it has enough nuts to keep the converter locked in drive at 60-65MPH in third hauling my F100 or C10 around.