95 5.7 TBI Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
That cam is 235°/249° @ .050", on a 107 LSA. No modifications to that engine will complement that cam unless you're planning '601 or '416 heads from a 305 HO or planning to change pistons, or bolting on a supercharger.

LML Duramax 95 Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That cam is 235°/249° @ .050", on a 107 LSA. No modifications to that engine will complement that cam unless you're planning '601 or '416 heads from a 305 HO or planning to change pistons, or bolting on a supercharger.

You nailed it! I am actually planning to get better aftermarket heads or possibly upgrade some vortec ones since their "the best flowing factory head out there for a GM v8" (David Frieburger), as well as a supercharger. I'd like a traditional top mount twin screw supercharger but if it doesn't fit with my hood I may do a centrifugal setup.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
601s or 416s are even a terrible choice just provides you with the compression you need. without giving further details no one can single handedly know what you want and the choice of an already crap cam complimented the responses you recieved.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
...as well as a supercharger. I'd like a traditional top mount twin screw supercharger but if it doesn't fit with my hood I may do a centrifugal setup.

please tell me you're not serious. that cam and a supercharger? just put all the money you plan to spend in an envelope and send it to me...i'll put it to better use.

with the way that cam is set up, you'll be pushing the bulk of the air from the supercharger out the open exhaust valve.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i mean ive used them but with the work needed to get them to anywhere impressive you can do the same with a smogger head with better results in some cases otherwise vortecs are better than a fully modded set. i like em dont get me wrong on something with small displacement. i had a set with ls valves and rockers that i machined on a 331 but there was much more to be desired with different heads.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
i mean ive used them but with the work needed to get them to anywhere impressive you can do the same with a smogger head with better results in some cases otherwise vortecs are better than a fully modded set. i like em dont get me wrong on something with small displacement. i had a set with ls valves and rockers that i machined on a 331 but there was much more to be desired with different heads.

I'm slowburb and I do not endorse this message.