94 TBI Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeenyus_eh

Reaction score
So I borrowed my truck out to a buddy and I get it back and it runs like crap. No good deed goes unpunished I guess. So here is what I've got going on... Code scan reveals code 43 & 45. Truck runs pretty decent at wot, but occasionally backfires out the throttle body, or just misfires. Idle is super low (about 200 RPM) and shakes the snot out of the truck at a stop light. Smells a little rich to me. Just replaced cap and rotor (they were definitely bad) and did spark plugs (they looked super black). No change. I don't seem to have any vacuum leaks, at least none I can find by spreading around with the starter fluid. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jeenyus_eh

Reaction score
I'll be checking the timing tomorrow hopefully.

Jeenyus_eh

Reaction score
Also have replaced the tps and iac. Forgot to mention that.

Jeenyus_eh

Reaction score
Pulled the coolant temp sensor today. It was surprisingly clean considering the nasty coolant it had been living in. Anybody have the procedure for checking the sensor?
You must be registered for see images attach

Jeenyus_eh

Reaction score
Checked the resistance across the terminals and came up with 2k ohms. Sprayed sensor tip with electronics contact cleaner until it was nice and cold. Checked ohms, still 2k. I think I'm on to something.