94 TBI Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
Is this the one from the top of the manifold or the one in the left side of the block?

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are two. one operates the gage while the other activates something else. cant remember which one.

The CTS in the intake manifold goes to the ECM. This is the one that could be causing the issue. If the temp is not reading right, the computer is providing the wrong fuel mixture.

The CTS in the head on the driver's side goes to the gauge.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
The CTS in the intake manifold goes to the ECM. This is the one that could be causing the issue. If the temp is not reading right, the computer is providing the wrong fuel mixture.

The CTS in the head on the driver's side goes to the gauge.
That sounds right. Hell I replaced both on mine and my gauge still doesn't get up to 140*. I changed the thermostat to 190* and still no change. not sure what is going on with that.

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That could be the connector. I was getting weird readings, then replaced the pigtail as well and the gauge reads somewhat correctly now.