94 Stepside Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck looks great I'm also interested in how much u cranked I recently installed a rcx and think I wanna crank somemore.

blue_blood

Reaction score
Haha yea the tires were def more than $200 a pop... The grill guard came was on it when i got it but you can get them on jc whittney and summit im pretty sure... i was actually thinking of getting the side pieces that cover the headlights too... they just bolt on to the center piece.

blue_blood

Reaction score
Ok, it has been awile but I can finally spend a little money on the truck :) I have about a $1200-$1500 budget. I think I am going to swap out the 10 bolt for a 14 bolt sf. I can pick up an axle, complete and ready to go for $500. So I have $700-$1000 to spend on ______. ???

Options:
A: I am thinking about doing brand new leaf springs. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sja-cr35 ... to replace the setup I have now which is stock springs with AAL and 4" blocks.
B: New exhaust from manifold back.
C: Some sort of locker for the new axle. Lunchbox perhaps?
D: I am open to sugestions :)

Keep in mind that this is my daily driver so it can't be down for more than a weekend.

Thanks everyone!

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
Summit sells a true dual hooker exhaust designed for long tube headers i bought it for my stepside and its awesome. its 180 shipped with no mufflers. i also think a cowl hood and some billet grille inserts would look sweet on that truck

blue_blood

Reaction score
Ok... I think I am doing to wait on the locker until I can afford to regear and put an ARB or E-Locker in it. So that leaves new leaf springs to get rid of the lift blocks, or a cat back custom exhaust. I think I am going to leave the stock exhaust manifold on. So my question is how much of a difference am I going to feel with the new leaf springs? Currently the stock springs with an AAL and 4" blocks are stiff as hell. Thanks.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Love the truck man, theres a guy in town with the same ones and i want um also looks great with the lift. For my money id but 3/4 ton leaf springs and maybe a 2'' or 3'' block

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ride will be no smoother with the aftermarket lift springs. Rear shackle flip gets my vote, something I need to do to my truck to ditch the block. Much cheaper too, can still do up your exhaust too. Maybe even have enough left to buy a used a used 14 bolt and slower build it with proper gears and locker.