94 rebuilded 4L60e no 3rd or 4th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
hello I have some trouble with my 1994 c1500 transmission. It was rebuilded last year to wristband at least 500hp. Now meanwhile regular conditions driving the truck won't shift past 2nd gear. I would accelerate up to 3000rpm and then it feels like the truck goes in neutral. Sadly the guy that rebuilded the tranny is not working now because his wife has been diagnosed with cancer. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem? I checked the fuse and it's good also no light is on an no codes stored.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, sure sounds like rebuild time again, sorry to say. I'd definitely go somewhere else this time if I were you, even if the guy was still in business. If you didn't beat on it too hard, then it definitely sounds like you got lied to.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would say the solenoids in the Trans pan if I remember it's C and D solenoids or first try the solenoids before you drop the Trans let us know what it was??