94 chevy 5.7 liter 350 stock motor help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94chevy4x4

Reaction score
This is a strong running motor but i have been noticing a think build up on the driver side valve cover .. i cleaned it off but it keeps coming back .. im pretty sure its oil but i cant find where its coming from ... anyone got any ideas?

The motor runs 80 lbs of oil pressure driving down road and around 25-30 idling...

94chevy4x4

Reaction score
i thought about that grommet and it was dry rotten and i replaced it as well as replaced the pcv valve .. and its not coming from under the valve cover

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a little buildup in that pvc grommet area, its normal though, im not really losing any oil.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buy some foam gunk clean the engine and just keep a eye on it maybe the valve cover bolt backed out check them.

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
Sounds like you are getting some blowby due to worn piston rings..My old engine done the same thing, blew oil out of every orifice it could find, even the dipstick tube :lol: Yet the engine still ran fine..

94chevy4x4

Reaction score
not low on oil when i change the oil so i dont think its blowing by .. well **** i hope not lol