94 c1500 sputter help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Solved my problem no thanks to you and your sarcasm/self proclaimed superiority in the knowledge of the truck engine. Really annoying I must say. There is ways to teach to people and not sound like a complete A-hole. You sir don't know how to teach.
I agree with you, this board should be a helpful place where like-minded individuals share knowledge and experience to help each other when they need it the most.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree with you, this board should be a helpful place where like-minded individuals share knowledge and experience to help each other when they need it the most.
The sensor sending signal to the pcm of the coolant temp and egr valve needed replacement. That solved the problem. And yes you completely understood what I meant. Thanks.

John Nine

Reaction score
Solved my problem no thanks to you and your sarcasm/self proclaimed superiority in the knowledge of the truck engine. Really annoying I must say. There is ways to teach to people and not sound like a complete A-hole. You sir don't know how to teach.

I been having the same problem for over a year now and tune up, new parts did not help. My truck is a 1994 GMC suburban 1500. 5.7L 4wd. It's driving me nuts. I power washed it and check all the connectors and grounds. disributre, coil, and orther parts off the same model and year from a good running 5.7L. still runs crappy at 1800 to 2200 RPM then runs fine.

C30454

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
EGR valves in that era on the truck engine were known for having a failure mode where the EGR went full open instead of opening varying amounts, and would cause hesitation and stumbling in the lower rpms. It's easy to unplug the vacuum line and see if the problem goes away.

Tom