94 c1500 sputter help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
hello y'all. I seem to have an issue with my 1994 C 1500 350 TBi. When accelerating and reaching the 2000 rpm mark the truck starts to sputter and bog. Only if I accelerate more or I lift back it smooths out again. This only happens at 2000 rpm in any gear. If I go up more no problem.

Truck has new plugs, new wires, new cap, clean filter, new fuel filter, and new headers/full exhaust. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks Matt.

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
2,000 r.p.m.in any gear. .. True?
Mostly engine cold. ..
Gobs of recent parts with no true repair documented. ...
A given timeline of six months. ....

Has this problem been occurring for, oh I dunno, say six months?

2,000 R.p.m.represents a VERY specific voltage through some circuit, somewhere.

However, there is a bad piece of WIRE that will not pass said voltage AT 2,000 R.p.m. UNTIL voltage increases enough - via additional R.p.m. - to "jump" the bad piece of wire allowing continued normal operation.

Assuming what I state is correct, this narrows the field of possible culprits QUITE A BIT.

GM C3 has only a handful of KOER circuits that have this variable voltage.
Varying with? Throttle position? Spark advance?
Engine load? Not in any gear..
Coolant temperature ?
Proceed. We seek a powered wire to an engine management sensor that has the majority of it's operation in perceived 'choke' condition.

* "mostly engine cold"

It's what, possible one of five? Three?

Last edited:

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
No actually the problem started a couple of weeks ago right before I did all the tune ups and what not. But thanks for the sarcasm and confusion you created. I'll find another way to look for solutions since here obviously I cant

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
If somebody else is always giving you answers, how do you expect to LEARN?
You are the self-proclaimed "fanatic", what are you asking us for?

I will not apologize for my perfectly plain-spoken , proper English, causing your confusion.

The C3 is elementary AT BEST. A degree in rocket science is NOT required prior to mastery.

Last edited:

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
Solved my problem no thanks to you and your sarcasm/self proclaimed superiority in the knowledge of the truck engine. Really annoying I must say. There is ways to teach to people and not sound like a complete A-hole. You sir don't know how to teach.