93 wt power window swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jebadiah

Reaction score
So I went to the junkyard and got myself a pair of power window doors and panels for my W/T. I have figured out the driver side window by hooking the pink wire to 12 volts and hooking the black/white wire on the power window plug to ground. This side goes up and down. To my understanding for the passenger side, you link the tan wires from one side to the other, 12 volt hot, and black/white to ground.. Passenger side does nothing. Where does this side get its ground and how should it be wired? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you test everything directly before installing the doors? It could be that the door you got from the yard has a dead motor or bad switch. You need to rule that out before worrying about proper wiring. Just my 2 cents. I will be interested in how it works out and what you find. You might want to go to the "intro" section in the Lounge area and introduce yourself and post a picture of your truck. Welcome to the forum.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To my understanding for the passenger side, you link the tan wires from one side to the other, 12 volt hot, and black/white to ground.. Passenger side does nothing. Where does this side get its ground and how should it be wired? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, the tan AND the ground wires from the "Master" side go to the passenger side switch. You have 5 wires going to each switch. Here's the schematic from my 88 but it s/b the same for yours.

You must be registered for see images attach