93 gmc sierra 1500 4.3L v6 no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris carman

Reaction score
engine turns over when you hit the ignition but wont fire up.
checked allready: fuel pump is good, throttlebody gets fuel and fuel pump is good, fuel injectors get fuel just dont spray fuel down into engine, new fuel filter, new spark plugs, brand new battery, fuses have all been checked and are good, oil is good, slight knock when you hit the ignition that im assuming is a bad starter because the starter is shooting sparks when you try to crank it. only thing we can think ofthats keeping it from running are starter, coil pack, or ignition module - anyone have any other ideas please help

Last edited:

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Checked all fuses, relays, fuseable links, plugs, cap, rotor, getting fuel to the pods.

Not getting any fire or injector pulse. Starter is on its way out and needs to be replaced/rebuilt. I went and took a look at it this evening and I am leaning toward ignition module more I think about it.

Wheres some of the OBS whispers' at??

Deven, Draggin95, Dewayne? Any ideas?

chris carman

Reaction score
thanks for the input i switched out my starter this morning with a new one and it cranked right up and i drove it around the block, it idles a little odd but i checked the firing sequence and its correct im guessing the rough idle is the spark plugs still breaking in? any thoughts on that?

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
That would be correct, no break in on plugs.

I would check the plug wires and make sure each one is going where it should.

chris carman

Reaction score
just checked the pluq sequence and they are all going where they should be, if the order is shifted to the right one or to the left one will it act funny?
idk if thats a thing but im thinking maybe its a possibility? i dont want to shift them to try it tho cus im scared ill **** something up