93 C2500 Suburban ABS Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiteboyslo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all -

The ABS light in the Suburban has been coming on for the last month or so. It started as a very intermittent thing, but now it comes on almost every time I drive it. It never comes on immediately upon start-up, but sometimes it comes on not long after I start moving and other times it can take miles before it comes on.

I pulled codes by jumping pins A&H in the ALDL connector, and I'm getting the following codes in the following order:

• 1st Code: 28
  • 2nd Code: 12 (if I run the test with my foot off the brake, 13 if I run it with it on)
  • 3rd Code: 36
  • 4th Code: 65

If I pull the codes with my foot off the brake, the ABS system cycles (low moan) before it starts spitting codes, and the 2nd code is Code 12. If I run the test with my foot on the brake, the ABS makes no noise and the 2nd code goes to 13.

I've googled this all over and I cannot find a list of codes that correlates to what I'm getting, especially that Code 28. No list I find shows a Code 28; on the contrary, I've found info all over stating that this code isn't used. I thought this was perhaps operator error on my part, but I've pulled the codes 5 times now and have let it cycle a ridiculous amount each time. Those are definitely the codes.

For background, relative to the brakes, the following parts have been replaced within the last ~6 months: hydroboost unit, master cylinder, PS/hydroboost pump and associated lines, front calipers, pads, and the soft brake lines. Braking performance is 'meh' at best, and more than a little scary with a small load (~2000lbs) in tow.

Any insight?

Mike