92 Sierra SAS frame off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
stay driver side drop get a hp 44 from any year ford from 68-77 and change all the outers to chevy . 10 bolt or d44 they interchange. i used 10 bolt on mine. you'll hafta drill out the hubs/rotors to match the rears. unless you dont mind having smaller studs/nuts in front. way better unless youre doing a major project like 92 sas. plus the driveshaft angle is so good you will be able to retain stock driveshaft. (ifs shaft) best years for frt end are 77 -79 with factory leafs including f-250.no 78-79 coil springers. they wont work. this is of course my opinion, others may not agree , but i researched it pretty thorougly before i started. ps the only 77-79 f150's with leafs are supercabs (ext cabs). the f-250 hp d44s are easier to find.

Last edited:

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No luck on nboffroad been keeping an eye on there. If you ever hear of one send me a message, thinking on doing a sas on my 92, front axles are cheap to come by.

Ya, I will. Tim is right though, keep your eyes peeled for a hp D44 more. it will save you some headache in the long run. more room on the drivers side between the frame and trans/tcase for a driveshaft too. but I'll let ya know if I find something.

stay driver side drop get a hp 44 from any year ford from 68-77 and change all the outers to chevy. you'll hafta drill out the hubs/rotors to match the rears. way better unless youre doing a major project like 92 sas. plus the driveshaft angle is so good you will be able to retain stock driveshaft. (ifs shaft) best years for frt end are 77 -79 with factory leafs including f-250.no 78-79 coil springers. they wont work.

Reaction score
all the coil sprung ones will work but you gotta grind off the mounts and get the caster angle correct again. except 78-79 coils. they flat out wont work. ask me how i know. lol.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck looks awesome buddy. I'm hopefully gonna start mine soon if ORD ever comes through. How long was the lead time on your ORD kit? I'm at 2 months with still no word...

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck looks awesome buddy. I'm hopefully gonna start mine soon if ORD ever comes through. How long was the lead time on your ORD kit? I'm at 2 months with still no word...

Thanks! If you're talking Offroad Designs, my stuff was ordered the 9th of Sept. and shipped on the 12th. I didn't have a problem with them. Maybe they're busy as hell with summer coming? did you pay for part or all off it already? I dealt with Chris most of the time, receptionist didn't seem too friendly though lol.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chris called me earlier this afternoon and got it all sorted out. My order got misplaced and the receptionist didn't look far into it apparently the few times I called. Shipped a few hrs ago. Your rig is def coming together pretty sweet.