'92 k2500 parking brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glikegerardo

Reaction score
So that little light in the dash cluster that turns on when the parking brake is set? And turns off once the parking brake is taken off?

In my silverado, it turns on once i hit exactly 60kmph (37mph). I'm assuming that's normally where you're able to turn on cruse control? Only my cruse control doesn't work.

I think it has something to do with the cruse control because if I put the truck into 4hi long enough for 4x4 light to turn on, then put it back into 2wd, the parking brake light turns right off and will not turn back on unless the truck is turned off. From what I thought I read, enabling 4x4 automatically disables cruse control.

I don't know exactly what's wrong with the cruse control. I purchased the truck this way and never bothered to figure out what the deal was.

Could it just be some fuse that isn't working? How likely is it that the parking break light, and its remedy, are related to cruse control?

Last edited:

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The brake light switch is the most common cause of cruise control problems from what I have read. I replaced the brake light switch on my daughter's truck and fixed the cruise. Her brake lights were working even before the swap.