92 Chevy k1500 auxiliary trans cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason harris

Reaction score
The auxiliary trans cooler on my 92 k1500 appears ton have been either replaced with a aftermarket or added by previous owner and I want to change it out with a better one. My problem is I don't know if the one I have is even plumbed in correct so before just following suit I need to know which trans line is which as far as supply and return. As it is now the auxiliary cooler has the top trans cooler line to radiator cut and a hose clamped to it then around and clamped to aux cooler and another hose from the aux cooler around to the top fitting on the radiator I assumed that the top trans line was the inlet to the radiator and the bottom was the outlet sending cooler fluid back to the trans, if so, shouldn't the aux cooler be plumbed into the bottom return line coming out of the radiator or is ot plumbed correct as is? Any help is greatly appreciated.