92-2002 Kelsey Hayes 4 Wheel ABS "Power Bleed"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IS there any reason you can't just manually activate the pump motor by putting 12v to the pump motor pwr pin and ground the GRN pin on the Kelsey Hayes unit for 92-94?
I thought the Hayes 4W ABS started in 1995, didn't think they offered anything other than RWAL before 1995.
There are a bunch of little hydraulic pumps in the 4W ABS module. They have to be operated in sequence.

SethT

Reaction score
I thought the Hayes 4W ABS started in 1995, didn't think they offered anything other than RWAL before 1995.
There are a bunch of little hydraulic pumps in the 4W ABS module. They have to be operated in sequence.
Im dealing with a 1994. There's one big pump motor, a terminal pump motor PWR, and another for pump motor GND....among several other pins If I put 12v to pump motorPWR, and ground the GND, will it activate the pump? I'M assuming it's a 12v pump....

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The solenoids are as much of the issue as the pump.

Running the pump without chattering the solenoid valves is a waste of time.

There are THREE primary kinds of ABS on GMT400 vehicles.
RWAL, common on pickups from '88 (early, iron body that has it's own bleeder screw, later aluminum body with no bleeder screw)
EBC4, some GMT400s '92--'94 but I think this was more SUVs than pickups; and
EBC310, '95-up GMT400.
Service procedures are not the same for these. See attached document for the 4-wheel (3-channel) ABS bleeding procedures.

Attachments

• 1990s_GM_Light_Truck_Kelsey_Hayes_ABS_Brake_Bleeding_Procedure_Ref_Cards.pdf
    130.2 KB · Views: 9