90 c1500 sbsc with a 4.3 and a 5 sp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eastcoast321

Reaction score
Hello all here on the world wide web. My intension are to install a built 350 4 bolt main in my c1500. The motor i built in 07 while in school has mild cam high compression flat top pistons tricked out heads etc. Approx 450hp tbi injected. Was installed in 91 caprice wagon behind a 4l60 stock trans. I ran eng for approx 2k before trans failed. Ive recently removed from car along with the entire wire harness ecu etc. I need to know will ecu from wagon plug and play on the c1500? What clutch kit would you recommend to use. I plan to install a built th400 with floor shifter. Later date/time Looking for recommendations for long tube headers? Stay with tbi/elelectronics or install a duel plane intake with carb? I know theres been a few people with a similar builds in the past here. Would like to see pro/cons of both options. Any feed back is appreciated.

Wes

Thanks to all you veterans out there. Prayers to you all and your familes.
You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I don't have too much advice to help you but I would look at each computer and see if the connectors are way different. I got lucky and used an 89 k2500 with a 350 computer in a 91 k1500 with a 4.3 to at least get it running, and it worked. But I don't know jack about the Caprice.

As far as fuel injection, I wouldn't go carb. TBIs in my opinion are much better. There is a guy with the thread here who installed a MPFI in his 95 from a F-body who was able to work with his stock computer to make it run.

But that's about as much as I know which is relevant to you. All my stuff is stock (engine wise) so I'm clueless lol