88 Stepside very slow sorta street build thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
so i guess ill start a build thread, because lately i seem to be making much more progress than usual, so first off im 18, live in michigan and bought my 88 stepside for 1,000 back in january of '11. the guy thought it was misfiring but it just needed a tuneup, the plugs were gapped wrong, had very minor rust. the misfire sound turned out to be a cam on the 40,000 mile rebuild jasper 350. trans i drained of all fluids and replace, i flushed the radiator, did all new front suspension, pitman, idler, bushing, tie rods, shocks, ball joints, etc. and got an alignment. the truck is currently riding on 33x12.5x15's and has american racing wagon wheels on it. automatic, 3.42's in the back blah blah blah. anyways. plans are to make the truck better than it was off the factory floor. and make sopme modifications to it so it more my style. its currently my DD and it will be used that way and as around the house hauler too. this will be a slow probably unexciting build, i dont have a job so im not out to spend a whole bunch of dough at the moment, but im dedicated. so ask questions and what not, and ill post pics in a little bit. i know better than to forget

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

mirror has since been hung back up, and i just installed a cupholder from an 94 for today

and two father son pics