8 foot bed SRW/DRW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuallyDreams

Reaction score
Hey all,
In need of a rust free 8 foot bed for my 2k crew cab dually. They don't seem to be easy to come by but seem to be plenty of southern 8 foot regular beds out there. Are the only differences between the single wheel and dually beds the obvious outside flare and the locating holes for the dually flares? Could a guy open up a bedside on a SRW bed and make it into a dually bed easy enough or is there something I am missing? thanks! hoping to pick this project back up this year. Having kids is expensive.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all,
In need of a rust free 8 foot bed for my 2k crew cab dually. They don't seem to be easy to come by but seem to be plenty of southern 8 foot regular beds out there. Are the only differences between the single wheel and dually beds the obvious outside flare and the locating holes for the dually flares? Could a guy open up a bedside on a SRW bed and make it into a dually bed easy enough or is there something I am missing? thanks! hoping to pick this project back up this year. Having kids is expensive.
Heads up, in 99-00 the dually fenders are shorter. That is why a short bed dually was only available in 99-00.

DuallyDreams

Reaction score
Heads up, in 99-00 the dually fenders are shorter. That is why a short bed dually was only available in 99-00.

Thanks for the info, didnt know that. I have the flares still but junked the rest of the bed. If the flares are different than previous years I would assume the dually beds are different from 98-earlier and 99-00? I am likely going to be doing some cutting and drilling if I get a regular 8 ft bed anyway so I guess that would only matter if I came into a dually specific bed?

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the short bed dually also has two different size rear fender flares... the driver's side is several inches shorter than the passenger side to accommodate the gas fill

edit: technically called a standard bed dually (6'6" bed), not a short bed (5'8")... but whatever... CCSB works either way

Last edited: