8.25 ifs rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red1

Reaction score
well time has come to tear in to this 8.25 ifs unit and ditch the 3.42s and go to 4.56s I have done the rear with 4.56s and was a easy swap. but I have to say this 8.25 is a lot more involved. I will try to post pics and part numbers for rebuild

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Interested in this, thinking about getting some 3.73's for mine possibly. Either way good knowledge to have.

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

red1

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Well getting it apart has been easy not as bad as I thought it would be. Got the new ring gear and bearings on today. I'm in the process of cleaning the case up real good now. Will post part numbers soon. And grampadirt your thread was awesome it had a lot to do with me doing it my self thumbs up for the great pics man

red1

Reaction score
Interested in this, thinking about getting some 3.73's for mine possibly. Either way good knowledge to have.

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone
If you have 3.42s now it won't be worth the time and money unless you have 35s or 33s and with a tire that big I would put 4.30s or 4.56s for a daily driver or 4.88s for a off-road build but 3.42 to 3.73 is not much change just my 2 cents worth

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Well getting it apart has been easy not as bad as I thought it would be. Got the new ring gear and bearings on today. I'm in the process of cleaning the case up real good now. Will post part numbers soon. And grampadirt your thread was awesome it had a lot to do with me doing it my self thumbs up for the great pics man
Actually it isn't my thread,it was done by a highly knowledgeable and respected member there.Oh,BTW,he keeps big ships running :waytogo:

red1

Reaction score
Actually it isn't my thread,it was done by a highly knowledgeable and respected member there.Oh,BTW,he keeps big ships running :waytogo:
Well I would like to shake the mans hand on his pics made me thank I could do it and save the money on labor. And hay what ever floats his boat lol

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Well I would like to shake the mans hand on his pics made me thank I could do it and save the money on labor. And hay what ever floats his boat lol
He goes by Bigredmariner(get it?...mariner :)) Eventually some day I hope to install an Eaton E-Locker in my Burb's front diff and intend to use his thread as reference even though my Burb has 9.25 gears they must have similarities.

red1

Reaction score
He goes by Bigredmariner(get it?...mariner :)) Eventually some day I hope to install an Eaton E-Locker in my Burb's front diff and intend to use his thread as reference even though my Burb has 9.25 gears they must have similarities.
I wish my pig had the 9.25 since I have the 35s. But the 8.25 is okay if you treat it right but if it ever go's I will sas it. Can you run a locker with out turning it into a grenade? I know the 8.25 and 9.25 have a bad wrap of going bang but it seams most of the time the cv will go before the case seams like the locker would put a lot of stress on the whole assembly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975