77Conours's 1997 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck “passed” PA inspection/emissions today. Oil cooler lines are leaking and the front of the oil pan is moist. Trans is also leaking a little. Buddy/tech said I shouldn’t spend money on the truck since it’s rusty. I’m going to have cooler lines and oil pan gasket replaced in a few weeks. I refuse to give up on this truck right now. Also got lug nuts from my uncle and new wheels mounted. Truck rides so much smoother and looks better. I wish I had the money to get entire truck done right now but I should be ordering a crate engine from Dodge for my Charger this week.

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Wheels look good! I have disagree with your buddy, keep putting money into this thing, it's not as rusty as most. :)

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy hell is this way overdue for an update. No, I’m not dead and the truck is still mine. Nothing really exciting happened over the last 10 months. The truck got a new radiator and clutch fan in spring. Then a few months ago the fuel pump died....new fuel pump, fuel tank, fuel lines and filter and shes running like a champ.

I still haven’t gotten in to the body shop but got all the rubber trim for the doors.

As far as life goes, I got my 2012 Charger rebuilt and it made 642rwhp but daily driving it was horrible. So in July I traded it in on a 2006 Ram 2500 6 speed. Saving a ton of money but the Ram has clear coat issues and a super small rust spot. So I’m having the ram painted come spring time and I’ll include more details about that truck sometime in the future.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy hell is this way overdue for an update. No, I’m not dead and the truck is still mine. Nothing really exciting happened over the last 10 months. The truck got a new radiator and clutch fan in spring. Then a few months ago the fuel pump died....new fuel pump, fuel tank, fuel lines and filter and shes running like a champ.

I still haven’t gotten in to the body shop but got all the rubber trim for the doors.

As far as life goes, I got my 2012 Charger rebuilt and it made 642rwhp but daily driving it was horrible. So in July I traded it in on a 2006 Ram 2500 6 speed. Saving a ton of money but the Ram has clear coat issues and a super small rust spot. So I’m having the ram painted come spring time and I’ll include more details about that truck sometime in the future.

I bet that cummins is a power house with that 6 speed behind it! Nice trucks!!

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bet that cummins is a power house with that 6 speed behind it! Nice trucks!!

Thanks! I never daily drove a manual so it’s a different experience but shifting gears with the windows down is incredible. I’m trying to source a turbo back 5” straight pipe before winter. End goal for the Ram is about 700-750hp. Not looking for stupid power numbers, just a decent daily that can tow if needed.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I never daily drove a manual so it’s a different experience but shifting gears with the windows down is incredible. I’m trying to source a turbo back 5” straight pipe before winter. End goal for the Ram is about 700-750hp. Not looking for stupid power numbers, just a decent daily that can tow if needed.
I just learned how to drive a manual last year, love it. Daily drove a 98 geo tracker 5 speed for quite a while. Now i have an 89 suzuki sidekick with a 5 speed, love it but it’s not daily driveable yet lol. Both of your trucks are beautiful and yes with 700-750 hp it will be a monster. I do bet shifting gears in that sounds like heaven though lol. If/when i get a diesel first thing thats going on is a straight pipe!

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so I promised pictures of my scores from yesterday. First being new unused “tail light enhancements” from Lazer Concepts. Apparently they’re paintable but I don’t know if I’m going to use them, keep them, or eventually sell them. But the second thing I found was the best.

A brand new in box fiberglass Lund TailMate. Originally was going with a steel roll pan and hidden hitch but finding this changed my mind on the hitch. I had no idea what year this was from until I found a accessories page in the box.....from 1993. This thing has been on a shelf for 27 years. The fact that I’m doing a 90’s build is great but any 90’s parts I come across I’ll use!