700r4 with a carburetor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok! :) I greatly appreciate your help! I knew it definitely needed fixing, but I wasn't entirely sure WHAT I needed. Will I need to buy 1 of the bracket adapters, too? Or just the cable? Again, THANK YOU!!

When I did mine I used the TV made easy kit for my carb. It came with everything needed, an I've only adjusted it once when I installed it. That's what I would do again if needed. Ya the kits are expensive, but a lot cheaper than a trans rebuild...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
With a die grinder, thin sheetmetal, drill, and handtools, you could easily extend your brackets and whatever else.

bigcrippledan

Reaction score
@MOBS: I am completely confident in my ability to not be able to do that, haha! Seriously, I am no good at fabbing stuff. :/

@blue: Do I need to buy 1 of these lock up converters, too? I'm actually on Bowtie Overdives' website right now. And I remembered reading somethign about it. Just wasn't 100% sure if I needed one, as well. :/ Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to this kind of thing, lol.

PS I don't think the kits are too awful expensive. Haha I was afraid it was going to be more like, $300+.