700r4 to T56 Conversion w/ out ECM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowandloud91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok , I've been doing a lot of research about swapping my 700 to a T56 in my 91 c1500. I've came across something I'm not sure about.

For the speedo to work properly with a T56 swap and/or gear swap, you need to re-tune your ECM for gears and T56 or make a 40 tooth reluctor ring for the T56, I believe from what I've read.

Problem is, I have a carbureted set-up (in place of the TBI) and no longer have my ECM. I also have 4.11s. How would I get my speedo to show the correct speed with the T56, 4.11s, and no ECM to re-tune?

I am replacing my stock cluster with all aftermarket gauges, so maybe that'll make it easier to do?

Joe980

Reaction score
94 chevy c1500 tranny swap

hey im doin a swap as well. i have a 94 chevy c1500 with a 96 lt1 for a motor. i currently have the 4l60e tranny and im putting a t5 tranny out of a late 80's camaro as far as i know.Do u know how i will have to run the clutch since it was originally an automatic?will it be cable or hydraulic?Do u know what i need and were i can find the clutch pedal assembly? Any help would be awesome!