700R4 to 4L60E swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandonb

Reaction score
alright, so i have a 92 C1500 silverado with a TBI 350 and a 700 R4. the trans has seen better days, so were going to replace it. i got a recently rebuilt 4L60E with the wiring harness and PCM from a 94 Cheyenne to put in the 92. the PO of the 94 put a new trans in it, then locked the motor later that month. the truck had 240,000 miles on it.

i have a few questions about getting it all wired up, incluiding gauges and PROM numbers.

the 92 has cruise (doesnt work right now anyways) but the 94 didnt. can i easilly wire in the cruise with the 94 PCM? The 92 also has an in cluster Tach, and the 94 didnt, will it be easy to wire up the tach with the 94 harness? both trucks had GU6 3.42 rear ends and 235 75 15 tires, so hopefully speedo calibration wont be an issue. I do have the gauge cluster from the 94 incase i cant use the 92 cluster for any reason.

the 94 had a TBI 4.3, but ive been told that the PROM can be changed to run a TBI 350. can anyone tell me which prom number i need? the 94 PCM is a 16197427 with BDXJ prom right now.

im going to have the entire dash out for this, so ill have space to work, and ill have a whole week for the swap, so ill have time to do it right. is there anything else yall can think of that i need to do?

id like to try not to cut the 92 wiring harness up too much because id like to convert my 79 stepside to TBI350/700R4 later on

Thanks

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
alright, so i have a 92 C1500 silverado with a TBI 350 and a 700 R4. the trans has seen better days, so were going to replace it. i got a recently rebuilt 4L60E with the wiring harness and PCM from a 94 Cheyenne to put in the 92. the PO of the 94 put a new trans in it, then locked the motor later that month. the truck had 240,000 miles on it.

i have a few questions about getting it all wired up, incluiding gauges and PROM numbers.

the 92 has cruise (doesnt work right now anyways) but the 94 didnt. can i easilly wire in the cruise with the 94 PCM? The 92 also has an in cluster Tach, and the 94 didnt, will it be easy to wire up the tach with the 94 harness? both trucks had GU6 3.42 rear ends and 235 75 15 tires, so hopefully speedo calibration wont be an issue. I do have the gauge cluster from the 94 incase i cant use the 92 cluster for any reason.

the 94 had a TBI 4.3, but ive been told that the PROM can be changed to run a TBI 350. can anyone tell me which prom number i need? the 94 PCM is a 16197427 with BDXJ prom right now.

im going to have the entire dash out for this, so ill have space to work, and ill have a whole week for the swap, so ill have time to do it right. is there anything else yall can think of that i need to do?

id like to try not to cut the 92 wiring harness up too much because id like to convert my 79 stepside to TBI350/700R4 later on

Thanks

dude I am sory no one has answered your questions, I guess no one wants to be the barer of bad news, so I'll try to be gentile. will one of the "more knowledgable" guys chime in and help me out on this one? "as I understand it" the transmissions that were put behind the 4.3's had less clutch disks in the stackup - hence will not last long behind a V8. as far as the ECM and wiring - I do not know anyone that has done this on the older years, it would be sweet though.

thinking a little on it, can you get pictures of the two PCM's together, the plugs are what I need to see, if I had the scheamatics and a few hours, I might? could figure it out for you. should ba a simple repinning, and adding the extra wires. ???????????