700R4 TC lockup issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had this on going issue with my truck where the torque converter willl unlock and lock irractically. I had it to the trans shop and they said the computer is telling it to lock/unlock, so either faulty sensor or wiring short.
I had the ses light flash once for cts, changed that and seemed to cure TC problem for the time being. A few weeks ago it started acting the same again. A couple of times the speedo would quit or just bouts around, changed vss and trans problem still exist.
Now onto my questions. What all sensors control the torque converter lockup?
Next if my memory is right the wiring harness for the trans and t-case is seperate from the main harness, can anyone confirm that?
Lastly instead of wasting money and replacing sensors at will is there a cable I can plug into the OBD1 port and some program to look at on laptop to see which sensor is acting up or shorting out? Without costing to much.

Thanks for any input.