700r from 89 Vandura questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Vandura

Reaction score
93+ 1/2 ton trucks/suvs take 4L60Es but you could put the 700 in there if you wanted, just need the right TV cable bracket which you could transfer from your 89. You will also need an internal/external TCC lock up kit or somehow adapt the vehicle harness and program pcm to control the 700r4's tcc solenoid for any vehicle that's 93-95 (if that's even possible). Once you've got it in, set up and adjust the tv cable and validate settings via pressure testing.

To make it easier, transmission-wise, id look for anything 88-92 but you may have other considerations where a 93-95 better meets those needs.
This is very helpful. Thank you.

Anyone have any experience putting a 700r4 in place of a 4L60E? Anyone ever adapt that harness or program the PCM to control the 700r4's soleniod?

I could also narrow my search to a 1992 Suburban, which is an OBS, or an extended 3/4 van. But those use a 4L80 through 1996. Would my 700r4/4L60 still work in that application?