7.4L Vortec Fuel Pressure Regulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Amazon has decent prices on them too. I scored one on eBay for a $1.59 because of a pricing error on the sellers part. I had to hold his feet to the fire to get it which eventually came from China but I got one nonetheless. It’s fairly accurate too. It shows the regulator opening up right at 4 bar so I’m assuming it’s pretty spot on. Close enough for the weekend warrior anyway. It’s amazing the difference that proper fuel pressure makes on idle, acceleration and throttle response. Never noticed more than a .5 mpg difference on fuel economy though.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced mine with the same Delphi as you, and haven't noticed any buzzing. Though I haven't specifically listened for it either...

Believe me, you’d hear it. It’s not so much a buzzing as it sounds like a garden faucet that’s only partially open... not sure if that’s because my fuel pump is putting out quite a bit more pressure than the fuel system is used to or I have faulty bits