6" RCX lift pics and tips ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, you could do a 4.10 with a Black Bear tune... It's what I would do if I had the option. There is a gear of 4.27 but I don't know if anybody makes that ratio for our trucks. And as far as websites go, there's a bunch.... 4wheelparts, summit racing, 4wheelonline, etc.... even Ebay or Amazon. Google is your friend when shopping for deals on this stuff.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
How many miles per day are we talking? People on here run the gamete on gears? I've seen 3.73's to 5.13's. For me it would depend on how much I'm driving, at what speed and how heavy your tires are. If you're having to turn 80+ lb tires, that'll make a difference too.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^ Yea that's true too.... I run 4.88's with 35" Toyo M/T's. While it's not ideal on the highway, it seems to do just fine.... and I get pretty decent mileage around town when I baby it (15 mpg-16 mpg). Right now, I'm doing ~2000 rpm's at 55 mph and ~2400 rpm's at 70 mph.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
That's much better on the RPM's than I thought. With 265's I'm at 2,000 @ 70mph.

OP - I'd say you'd be good with 4.56's, but 4.10's would be fine too. I had 33's with my 3.42's and honestly I didn't notice a ton of drop off when taking off from a light or stop sign.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started out with 3.42's and 265's and did ~1900 rpm's at 70 mph. Then got 285's with the same gearing and rpm's didn't change much. Once I went to 315 BFG A/T's (really small and light "35"" tire) is when I really noticed a difference (like, ~1700 rpm's at 70 mph) and decided to regear. The only reason I went with 4.88's is cuz I originally planned on going up to 37's but grew up a little and now I'm sticking with 35's.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Welcome. Another possible lift option for the rear would be to use 3/4 ton leaf springs. I replaced mine with the 3/4 ton springs and got at least 2 inches of lift in the rear plus the added strength of the tougher springs. The ride was a little rougher but after a day I stopped noticing it.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
My 3.42's will turn my 35's just fine. If it were a DD I'd go to a 4.10 though. I don't want 4.56's, our trucks aren't race trucks and unless you are in stop and go traffic all day you will see a mileage decrease compared to 4.10's.

That90sKid

Reaction score
Alright thanks guy ! I was leaning towards the 4.56s but now I think im gunna go with the 4.10s because I do way more highway driving then mudding but I do plan to do some more motor and tranny work like then Black Bear tune , headers , shift etc. how is that bb tune anyways ? Better mpgs ? More power ? All good no bad ?

Thanks !

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright thanks guy ! I was leaning towards the 4.56s but now I think im gunna go with the 4.10s because I do way more highway driving then mudding but I do plan to do some more motor and tranny work like then Black Bear tune , headers , shift etc. how is that bb tune anyways ? Better mpgs ? More power ? All good no bad ?

Thanks !

From the way I understand it, the Black Bear tune is pretty much the golden goose egg of tunes when it comes to our trucks. If I could do the gearing thing over again and had a year that could use the BB tune (I have a '93), 4.10's + BB tune is the route that I would go.