6" RCX lift pics and tips ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That90sKid

Reaction score
Hey everyone , going to order the the rough country (rcx) 6" inch lift for my 98 K 1500 soon but was wondering if people could post pics of their truck with ONLY the rcx 6" lift and 35 " tires ! just trying to get a good Idea of what's mines going to look like ( getting excited ) . Also any tips for ordering the lift or installing the lift or just any general tips ?? Trying do everything right the first time .

Thanks !

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
New guy? From canada Too! Hey! welcome to the site! i wish i could help, but im a 2 wheel drive guy for now! :) So im not much help, just thought id say hello and welcome you to the best GMT400 site on the web! :)

That90sKid

Reaction score
Also I'm deciding on what to do inside the diffs to handle the 35" tires . I use this truck as my daily driver but also my play toy . I'm thinking either 4.10s or 4.56 gears with an auburn locker that my buddies giving me out of a 95" k1500 ( should work right ) any thoughts or suggestions ?

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Either 4.10 or 4.56 will be fine... 4.56 will be a little more fun though. Look for a 6-lug, semi-float 14 bolt for peace of mind with 35's if you don't already have one. 10 bolt's are notorious weak links. Also, there are better options out there than Auburn... I reckon you can't beat free though. Consider doing a shackle flip in the rear instead of the lift block. Axle wrap is a b!t@h...

Oh... and look into a Black Bear tune for more fun. Congrats

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:word: A 14 bolt SF in the rear is a great upgrade regardless of what size tire you have, but with a 35" tire your going to want to look into finding one if you don't already have one. Also doing a shackle flip in the rear is a much better route to go, much stronger then blocking it! As for tips on installing the lift, soak every nut and bolt for about 4-5 days prior to installing. Paul (BlueX) Did an excellent write up on tips and tricks of installing the RCX Lift a few months ago that you may want to read through!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I came in here to ask P2 to find his thread. I added a little to that thread too, good stuff in there.

That90sKid

Reaction score
thanks guys ! My main concern is the 4:10s not turning the 35s not good enough it the mud but the 4:56s being a pain to drive on the highway with, high rpms , horrible gas mileage ... Etc . Thoughts ? is there a good median in gearing between 4:10s and 4:56s ? Also what websites can I order everything I need to do my diffs ?