6.7 Cummins swap? Recently got a 6.7 Cummins and seriously debating on swapping into my 98 Hoe!!!!? Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I would not. Too much weight over the nose and not enough wheelbase to help compensate for it. It will be squirly in handling and will wear the front end parts out 3x quicker. My 8.1L in my 4 door Tahoe had a very noticeable negative effect on handling even with a completely new suspsension including 454SS front springs.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You got engine or another truck? And eff no.

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never liked 6cyl cummins swaps into half-ton trucks. The frames are weak. With a 4bt in a 92 half-ton, I twisted the frame at full throttle enough that the windshield broke. The 6.7 is a torque monster, and anything less than a 2500 frame is something I'd recommend avoiding. Yes, it'd be so cool, especially considering how sweet looking your ride is already. However, I believe you may incur detriment if you went this route. If you choose to do it, please make it look as nice as the rest of the vehicle looks, and for the sake of community sanity, post pics!