5.7 Random Misfire & Hard start Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dlipp_

Reaction score
Going to try and see if anyone can help me with this again, im at a loss now.

Cammed 5.7 with an LT4 Hotcam, all the necessary things to go with it.

All parts I’ve replaced are either Genuine, Delphi, or standard motor

Spider injection when cam was done
Distributor is a year old
Plug wires
Cap & rotor
Ignition control module
Coil
Plugs not that old, look fine at the misfiring cylinders.
Brand new Delphi fuel pump
Fuel filter
Coolant temp sensor
Crank sensor
MAF sensor

It’s tuned by Black Bear Performance, EGR delete, rear o2s, tuned for the cam.

Hard start occurred even before the cam(worse now).
Misfire happened recently, threw some parts at it and no luck to get rid of it. Was hoping the fuel pump would fix it, maybe being weak or something. Scanner still showing a misfire on every cylinder but 8. Mainly 2, 3, 4. Cam retard reads 1. Idk what to do, is the distributor bad itself? If I let the truck sit overnight it’ll fire right up for the first start of the day. Makes no sense, no one seems to be able to help lol.

Dlipp_

Reaction score
Going to try and see if anyone can help me with this again, im at a loss now.

Cammed 5.7 with an LT4 Hotcam, all the necessary things to go with it.

All parts I’ve replaced are either Genuine, Delphi, or standard motor

Spider injection when cam was done
Distributor is a year old
Plug wires
Cap & rotor
Ignition control module
Coil
Plugs not that old, look fine at the misfiring cylinders.
Brand new Delphi fuel pump
Fuel filter
Coolant temp sensor
Crank sensor
MAF sensor

It’s tuned by Black Bear Performance, EGR delete, rear o2s, tuned for the cam.

Hard start occurred even before the cam(worse now).
Misfire happened recently, threw some parts at it and no luck to get rid of it. Was hoping the fuel pump would fix it, maybe being weak or something. Scanner still showing a misfire on every cylinder but 8. Mainly 2, 3, 4. Cam retard reads 1. Idk what to do, is the distributor bad itself? If I let the truck sit overnight it’ll fire right up for the first start of the day. Makes no sense, no one seems to be able to help lol.
Is it the tune itself? Giving the truck too much fuel at startup? It’ll start if I give it throttle.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Timing chain? I had misfire and hard start problems. I replaced all the usual tune up items, sensors, ignition parts, etc, with no luck. It ended up being a loose timing chain.

Dlipp_

Reaction score
Timing chain? I had misfire and hard start problems. I replaced all the usual tune up items, sensors, ignition parts, etc, with no luck. It ended up being a loose timing chain.
It’s a brand new Cloyes set. I did just start it up, and I was listening for any weird noises, I hear some tapping coming from the valve cover, right by cyl 2. I’m assuming the rocker arm is a little out of adjustment. I did 3/4 turn on them after 0 lash when I put it together.