5-6-5 lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 96 2wd with 3.42s in 10 bolt so I want to bump up to a 14 bolt with either 3.73s or 4.10s maybe even a 4x4 10 bolt anyhow I do know how to convert the front to 6 lug but I want to keep my 5 lug rims is there any way to convert to rear to 5 lug instead if I swap? Or are there any 5 lug rear ends that would be a better option?

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I wanted to shell out that much I would just regear and beef mine up I guess I should've said on a semi budget haha and I know there are adapters but they are like 2" thick and the 6 lug rear ends are already longer than mine so I think I'd look odd even thoughi have spindles kinda kicking out my front end right now

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 96 2wd with 3.42s in 10 bolt so I want to bump up to a 14 bolt with either 3.73s or 4.10s maybe even a 4x4 10 bolt anyhow I do know how to convert the front to 6 lug but I want to keep my 5 lug rims is there any way to convert to rear to 5 lug instead if I swap? Or are there any 5 lug rear ends that would be a better option?

454SS 14-bolt is 5 lug

a 4x4 10 bolt is no stronger then a 2wd...

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
If I wanted to shell out that much I would just regear and beef mine up I guess I should've said on a semi budget haha and I know there are adapters but they are like 2" thick and the 6 lug rear ends are already longer than mine so I think I'd look odd even thoughi have spindles kinda kicking out my front end right now

i dont understand, why are you set on going 6 lug if you want 5 lug wheels?

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Just keep it 5 lug and beef up a bit? Get another truck as a heavy duty alongside it?

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well since most of y'all are just giving me advice on things that I don't care for thanks anyways I just needed to know the possibilities not what y'all would do if it was you. Thanks fastorange ill have I look for a 454 14 bolt and because I already have the 5 lugs I like.