4x4 valence preference?

4x4 valence preference?

• valence

Votes: 69 66.3%
  • no valence

Votes: 35 33.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do you prefer on an 88-98 4x4 valence or no valence?

Post up your pics and stuff. Im kinda undecided. On one hand it makes it look like its sitting taller from the front view, on the other it kind of hides some junk.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I personally love the valence. Mine has clearance lights in it.
attachment.php

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
No valance with no body lift and a valence if there's a body lift IMO I still need to pull mine off

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Mine's not a 4x4, but I think it applies to all GMT400's. The bottom of the bumper with no valance is higher than the side of the body, it makes it look funny in the front IMO, especially from the side. I got a valance a couple weeks back, I'll post up a pick with it, but here's without, you can see what I'm talking about. Besides, you can put fog lights in 'em.
attachment.php

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good question, mine don't have one and I considered running one. I like the ones with body lift for sure, but no holes, unless you got lights in them, as for no body lift holes are ok with tow hooks, maybe remove them and put a solid one on. I like them on 2wds alot esp. if they've been painted or are good and shiney. it does make them look lower, and on a 4wd like it looking taller. I think I may leave mine off until i body lift if I ever do. But do like them and always wonder to add one or not.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But I think if you have a 3" body lift you have to take it off, or cut longer holes for the tow hooks.

Yes yukondriver, that is a good point, I would keep it on a 2wd because they are lower and tires tuck. If a 2wd doesnt have one it looks like its missing parts.

I guess its ok to remove it imo if you stuff big tires that stick out and you would have to trim it anyways.

Fog lights look pretty good and also what Mihela has. Sucks you cant buy something like the 454ss valence/fogs for the 4x4's.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sucks you cant buy something like the 454ss valence/fogs for the 4x4's.

bout the only thing you can do is either put a light bar on like i have, or buy/build an offroad bumper with clevis and fog/off road lights.
btw: i run 6" KC Daylighters on my light bar, and pretty much use them as my brights.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why can't you put the fogs and valance on a 4x4, you can buy the fog light valance and lights, so why not? or buy other fog lights and make it work.

As for removing it with body lift, no, remove the tow hooks, put on a non hole one over top of them, maybe trim the bottom a bit if it doesn't fit just right with no holes and tow hooks still on it. I've seen em on fsc all ways, cut out for hooks and a tow hook valance, a no hole one, and just holes for hooks and raise them to fit in the holes, or make em a tad bit bigger to fit, or just 2wd valance with no holes over the tow hooks.