4L60E Leak question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peterbilt123

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a question about a leak i've aquired. A while ago I had a tranny cooler line leak on my 97 silverado Z71 after I changed my awesome plastic radiator, it leaked out quite a bit of fluid so when I got eveything fixed I filled the tranny up and checked it periodically topping it off to the full mark while warm and running. Last week I took it out to the gravel road to run the four wheel drive just to make sure it worked before my wife took it for deer season and when I got home I smelled s fluid burning so I looked underneath and saw fluid dripping from the front of my tranny almost looks like its coming from the passenger side top. I'm not sure if it's the vent leaking or maybe the oring on the dip stick tube. I ran it this past weekend and it never leaked so I thought maybe i'd turn the four wheel drive again to see if it would leak and it started leaking again. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks

dbrandon

Reaction score
So are you saying that it does not normally leak and only does it after you have driven the truck in 4wd?