4l60e Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay i just got my truck back from having a shift kit, solenoids and a service done on my transmission. but i'm having a new issue that has me stumped. my 1st gear would hold out all the way to 5800 before it would automatically shift at WOT. My issue new is that when i'm manually shifting, it's shifting at about 3000 but if i let out it kicks back down to 1st and will go up to ~4500. If i let out again it will stay up into 2nd. There are no new codes being thrown. The transmission is a goodwrench replacement for 96-9 model trucks.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also adding to the issue, the truck feels assless for the initial second after shifting up into 2nd. Otherwise all other gears are acting normal.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Seriously. Take it back. Never understand why people pay to get something fixed/replaced and find there is a problem then ask the forum what's wrong and how to fix it.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Updating after solving the issue.

My computer was not happy with the changes made within the transmission, a few changes were made and everything was good now. I went back to the shop and confirmed everything was done correctly and got some more info on what was done. (exact PSI of lines, ect.)

In other words I just needed to adjust my tune a bit and everything is all good.