4l60e from camaro? UPDATE: WILL WORK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thibbard8

Reaction score
Hi guys new owner (93 5.7 ecsb 2wd) just got a sweet deal on a southern truck but the 3/4 gears are burnt out in the tranny, i've been looking for a replacement and have been having a tough time finding a 2wd 93/94 transmission for the truck, i did find a 94 lt1 (5.7 350) camaro 4l60e transmission, for a pretty good deal....what would be different between this and the one for my truck? Will it bolt in and drive? or keep looking for a trans for my truck.

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been there. Torque converter will most certainly be different. Beyond that not sure. They made a bajillion different changes to those transmissions. If I had the time and it was a sweet deal i'd throw it in and find out. It will most likely bolt right it. Whether it will shift right though....

thibbard8

Reaction score
UPDATE. This did work with 0 issues so far, driven through all gears for about 10 miles and drove great, torque converter stayed the same.

Had to switch the shifter bracket, and the crossmember off the lt1 trans to the new one. So anyone looking for a transmission and cant seem to find a 2wd, an 4l60e from an lt1 did work. :D:D:banana-mario:

thibbard8

Reaction score
wanted to re update, multiple hundred miles on this transmission. working great. this also upon further research comes factory with the vette servo!